Saturday, January 21, 2006

Spoilt!

There is a site called Spoilt! that performs what I think is a very useful service for comic readers. They accept and post contributions of plot summaries for Marvel and DC comics. Considering the price of comics today and the number of titles being published it is impossible to buy everything. Their site allows you to keep informed about what is happening.

I've had one posting on the site and have sent in another. I thought it was interesting to try and summarize the issue for someone else. Let's me employ English skills I've forgotten since high school. Also, I have a lousy memory for remembering plots from one month to the next. Jotting them down seems to help that.

For those that think the site might make people buy fewer comics because they can read the summaries for free, I think it would have the opposite effect. Someone might read a summary and be intrigued enough to pick up a copy of the title themselves. I certainly haven't bought fewer comics since finding the site.

I think they would be glad to have more contributors if someone had the time and interest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home