Monday, June 12, 2006

Nov. '86 - Outsiders # 13


Writer: Mike W. Barr
Artists: Jim Aparo, Joe Staton, Jerry Bingham, Steve Ditko & Jerry Ordway

This was a comic I started buying originally because it starred Batman. When it became The Outsiders without Batman I kept buying it because Barr had created great characters with individual voices. As wacky as some of his stories got, the characters were always consistent. The art was great too, done by Jim Aparo. Unfortunately, he couldn't do a whole issue himself (these deluxe format titles were 28 pages of story). This resulted in a lot of backup stories that didn't add a lot.

I notice I don't seem to have the next issue after this one so for some reason I stopped buying it but I can't remember why. I am definitely adding it to my list to watch for in the back issue bins at the next comic show I attend.

This issue had the Outsiders trapped on an island after defeating a bad guy in Africa. There was a lot of good character interaction and it was interesting to see them use their powers to escape the island.

The backups consisted of a pinup of Halo by Joe Staton, an explanation of Geo-Force's powers, and a short story featuring Black Lightning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home