Saturday, January 28, 2006

Daredevil # 81


This is the last issue for Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev. They've been working on the title for five years and it has been a great run. You hear some complaints about the work of Bendis but I think you have to admire his commitment to titles he works on. He's been on Ultimate Spider-Man since its start, this title for five years, and he plans on staying on New Avengers for a long time.

I've read on message boards that some readers were disappointed with the way this series ended. They were hoping for more of a final ending. I think the story ended the way it should have ended. Here was someone, a lawyer, who, after being accused of being Daredevil, lied to everyone by denying it. He had someone impersonate Daredevil in court and put them on the stand knowing they weren't the real deal. He has certainly committed his share of crimes. I think it follows that eventually he is going to get caught and he's going to go to jail. He could only run for so long.

I look forward to Ed Brubacker and Michael Lark's work on the series. I was a big fan of Gotham Central, their collaboration at DC. Matt's experiences in jail should make for some entertaining reading. I don't know how Brubacker is going to get Daredevil out of jail know that's he there. I will certainly be continuing to buy the series to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home